H couldn’t believe how quick dinner was ready when I’d told him I was going to make carbonara from scratch. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes. It uses ingredients we tend to have in the fridge and cupboards and it’s unbelievably satisfying. Glossy, creamy, cheesy sauce with little salty pancetta bits and the freshness of the parsley. This is one that everyone will enjoy!
– Tagliatelli (we use this one)
– a clove of garlic (squashed with the back of your hand )
– grated parmesan (roughly 40-50g )
– 3 egg yolks
– 1 tbs olive oil
– roughly chopped parsley
- Heat the oil and the squashed garlic in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- After a minute or so add the pancetta (the amount is down to your personal taste)
- Whilst the pancetta cooks whisk your grated parmesan into the egg yolks with a fork and cook your tagliatelle as the packet instructs.
- Once this is done and your pasta and pancetta have both finished cooking removed the garlic clove.
- Using tongs lift the pasta out of the water its cooked in and stir it in the frying pan off the heat.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the tagliatelle and pancetta in the frying pan and add ladles of the pasta water till the pasta gets that glossy sheen and the sauce is your desired consistency.
- Plate up and serve with a scatter of parsley, some more parmesan and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.