Let me introduce you to my new favourite lunch, I probably thought that HERE but onwards and upwards my friends. I never have one favourite recipe, I prefer to have a collection of favourites under my belt. This takes about 10 minutes to prepare and less time to eat. There are a million toppings you could pair sweet potato toast with but I’m going to show you the one I’ve been going back to time and time again.
– 1 Sweet Potato
– Handful of Spinach
– Couple of Sun-dried Tomatoes
– A Few Slices of Red Onion
– Some Feta to Crumble on Top
– Lemon Zest (optional)
- Slice your sweet potato lengthways (about a 1/4 inch) into ‘toast’ and place into your toaster. I like to put my toaster on the highest heat and toast the sweet potato slices twice or three times depending on the thickness.
- Now it’s time to pile on the toppings. I like to layer mine up starting with the spinach, followed by the sun-dried tomatoes, red onion and feta and then a drizzle of pesto and a little lemon zest to finish it off.
Do you think you’ll try sweet potato toast? Let me know what your favourite topping is!